Rockingham Gaming LLC is committed to responsible gaming, and is dedicated to an enjoyable and positive gaming experience for all of our players. Most poker players play for fun and entertainment, but we recognize that a small percentage of players will:
- 1. Attempt to play when they're underage, or
- 2. Allow poker to control them and affect their lives.
The people of Rockingham Gaming are committed to assisting and protecting those who should not be playing poker at all, or who wish to limit the amount that they play.
You must be at least 18 to play, any underage player who has provided dishonest or inaccurate information regarding their true age may have all winnings forfeited and could face criminal prosecution.
What we do
- Every person signing up for a players card at Rockingham or Seabrook must show positive identification which indicates that they are at least 18 years of age. This notifies everybody that we don't accept players under 18.
- When a player creates a players card, we collect their name, address, and birth date to confirm that the player is at least 18 years old.
- Rockingham Gaming does not target underage players with our marketing and advertising. It is neither good business nor consistent with our personal and corporate values to attract underage players.
If you believe that poker or gaming might be a hindrance to your life rather than a form of entertainment, we at Rockingham Gaming want to help you. First, please review the following questions:
- 1. Did you ever lose time from work or school due to playing poker?
- 2. Has playing poker caused you to neglect your own welfare or that of your family?
- 3. Have you ever sold anything or borrowed money to finance your playing?
- 4. Have you often played until your last dollar was gone?
- 5. Have you ever played longer than you had planned?
- 6. Have you ever considered self-destruction or suicide as a result of your playing?
If you answered "Yes" to several of these questions, we encourage you to visit Gamblers Anonymous.
We offer 24-hour cooling off periods as well as 7 day, 30 day, 60 day, and 120 day time out periods. You will not be able to play cash games, Sit & Go's or multi-table tournaments at Rockingham or Seabrook. Once you request a time out or a self-exclusion period, you will be asked to leave the premises and not return until your self-exclusion period is over. You may not change your mind during the time-out/self-exclusion period.
How to play responsibly
If you choose to play poker or table games, there are some general guidelines that can help make your playing experience safer, and reduce the risk that problems can occur:
- 1. Play for entertainment, and not as a way of making money.
- 2. Play with money that you can afford to lose. Never use money that you need for important things such as food, rent, bills, or tuition.
- 3. Set spending limits. Never spend more than you can afford to lose.
- 4. Never chase losses. If you lose money, don't play higher stakes to try and recoup your losses.
- 5. Don't play poker when you are upset, tired, or depressed. It is difficult to make good decisions when you are feeling down.
- 6. Balance poker with other activities. Find other forms of entertainment so playing poker does not become too big a part of your life.
If you need advice on how to play responsibly, or help with controlling your play, you can visit these web sites: